Maybe I am in a bad mood today, and pardon the gross pic, but is anyone else sick of hearing about the easiest, hottest, quick new way to make boat loads of money effortlessly in your business?
COME ON! What a load of BS! If you believe this hype you are doing yourself and your business real damage.
As an award-winning business coach who specializes in helping one man businesses get into six figures – I see firsthand why some succeed and most wont. I think it is time for some hard truths here. Here are my 5 key success factors for what it takes to build an amazing business, plus the only thing that can actually make it faster and easier:
Five Key Success Factors for Growing Your Business
- Talent and tenacity: It is about ten times harder than you think to build an amazing business. 3% of entrepreneurs actually break 6 figures. You better be tenacious and talented. But it IS possible.
- An amazing offering: There is no quick, easy way. Just like there is no quick, easy way to lose 20 pounds that always works, entrepreneurs spend way too much time looking for easy. It doesn’t exist. What will work is an amazing service or product that gets real results for people. You will have to do the work to understand your market and build products that get amazing results.
- Sustained focus on sales: You will have to market. A lot! In fact about 80% of your time will need to be marketing in the early years of your business. If you are spending all of your time creating products and systems, you are likely to miss the mark.
- A powerful niche: Unless you are easily attracting a wealth of new clients, you are going to have to focus on a niche that works. This means finding a target market that is genuinely better off after using your services and products. I can’t believe how many people resist getting focused on target niche with all their might, usually because they are too scared nobody will want what they have.
- Overcoming fear: You are going to have to confront fear, discomfort and issues daily, and get past them. It won’t be answered by a clever little social media tool, or somebodies slick way of saying something. It will be answered by hard work, dedication to serving your market and making a difference, and overcoming the myriad of fears and obstacles that get in the way.
The ONLY THING That WILL Make it Faster and Easier
Don’t re-invent! It simply takes too long to learn all the mistakes the hard way. You can save years of struggle and cost if you simply learn from those that have gone ahead of you, so you can avoid the mistakes they already made. Read furiously. Work with mentors. And if you have not broken six figures yet – attend 6 Figure Solopreneur Secrets, I will show you how to bypass years of futile effort in just 3 days. (Note that ticket prices go up on Aug 1st).